- Restaurant and Catering Management
- P&L Accountability
- Quality Assurance
- Product Merchandising
- Menu Development
- Inventory Management
- Process Analysis and Improvement
- Strategic Development Planning
- Team Management and Development
Manager, Corporate Dining — 2002 to 2007
Gap Inc. Corporate Headquarters, San Bruno, California – www.gapinc.com
Oversaw operations for corporate dining and catering at two locations for Gap, Inc. headquarters in SanBruno, California. Implemented cost-cutting and production optimization measures to successfully move the department from subsidized to unsubsidized status.
- Coordinated with Facilities, Operations, Events, Security and various other departments to achieve smooth operations, well maintained facilities, excellent levels of communication and a high degree of interoperability.
- Organized and executed a wide variety of catering events, from small lunch functions to large cocktail parties and formal sit-down dinners.
- Effectively managed a staff of about 20 and was able to boast of very low turnover in a department with a historically high level of turnover.
- Created, benchmarked and redesigned menu and merchandising concepts.
- Maintained and updated departmental intranet website.
- Member of Gap Inc. Diversity Council, 2006-2007.
General Manager — 1999 to 2002
A.G. Ferrari Foods, San Francisco, California – www.agferrari.com
Managed the flagship San Francisco location of an upscale Italian food import retailer and delicatessen. Brought high labor and food costs down to budgeted levels within the first 3 months in the position.
- Sustained significant increases over LY sales in softening SF economy.
- Maintained strong merchandising and customer service and satisfaction levels.
- Full responsibility for P&L analysis and control, inventory and ordering, new menu rollouts and new product introduction.
Executive Chef/Manager — 1996 to 1999
Firewood Café, San Francisco, California – www.firewoodcafe.com
Oversaw front- and back-of-house operations for medium-sized, high volume California-Mediterranean restaurant serving wood-fired pizzas, fish entrees, pastas, rotisserie chicken and salads. Rose from sauté cook to sous chef within 3 months. Promoted to executive chef within a year.
- Among first hires for brand new restaurant. Assisted in pre-opening setup and grand opening splash at a highly visible, tourist-frequented location.
- Responsible for P&L management, food and labor cost control, food and service quality control and inventory management.
- Worked on menu and recipe development to align offerings to consumer demand, cost pressures and seasonal availability.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling for staff of 35.